Campus Software Licenses Available
Akindi is a bubble sheet scanning program, similar to Scantron, that allows users to print their own bubble sheets, scan them on any scanner and run detailed reports.
- Use it through OAKS – click on the “Launch Akindi” link from the top navigation of your Course Home in OAKS. This will automatically create an Akindi class and populate your classlist.
- Tutorials are available on the TLT Tutorials blog at Akindi Tutorial
AppsAnywhere will enable you to use a wide range of software applications on a College or personal computer, whether on campus or at home. Regardless of the operating system being used, the power of the computer itself, or the licensing constraints of your software, AppsAnywhere will give you access to the applications you need. For example, a user can easily access Windows software on a Chromebook, an iPad, or even a Mac without dual-booting.
- For questions or requests about specific software, contact the IT Service Desk.
Kaltura MediaSpace is a Youtube-like, online media area specifically for CofC faculty, staff and students. Unlike other media servers on campus Kaltura is available to students so it can be used to upload video projects. Faculty can use it to upload tutorials, online lectures or any original work. Kaltura is integrated into your OAKS course and can be access via the toolbar.
- Kaltura is a fully online application and can be accessed via OAKS thorough your OAKS course toolbar or by going to http://cofc.mediaspace.kaltura.com. You will be required to log in using your Cougars username and password.
- Visit http://blogs.cofc.edu/tlttutorials/2013/10/16/kaltura-mediaspace/ for more information and tutorials.
LinkedIn Learning is an online educational platform available to all College of Charleston faculty and staff. LinkedIn Learning can help you discover and develop technology, business, and creative skills through expert-led course videos on hundreds of topics – all on your own schedule. To browse the extensive list of courses available in LinkedIn Learning, faculty and staff must log in through Office 365 (portal.office.com) with their College credentials and navigate to the More Apps section (see detailed instructions).
- LIL is integrated into OAKS as an external learning tool, allowing easy access for pulling lessons into the content area to share with students.
PollEverywhere is an online-based audience response system, similar to clickers (e.g. iClickers and TurningPoint).
- Contact your Instructional Technologist to be added to the campus license.
- Visit http://blogs.cofc.edu/tlttutorials/2013/09/10/poll-everywhere/ for more information and tutorials.
PeerMark is a peer review assignment tool that allows students to read, review, and evaluate classmates papers. This tool is part of the Turnitin family of applications and works similarly to the Turnitin application.
- Peermark assignments can be created through the content page in OAKS
- Visit http://blogs.cofc.edu/tlttutorials/2019/07/12/turnitin-peermark-peer-review-assignment-tool/ for tutorial videos.
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment (a student’s computer) within OAKS Quizzes. With this software activated, students are not allowed to open websites or other applications during testing. There is also a monitoring feature that can detect and flag suspicious activities as well as a live monitoring feature.
- For more information on how lockdown browser works visit Respondus LockDown Browser
Turnitin is an OAKS Assignment add-on as well as a stand-alone website that detects plagiarism, investigates authorship, enhances academic skills, and expedites grading. For more information on the product check out the Turnitin website.
- Visit http://blogs.cofc.edu/tlttutorials/2018/06/22/turnitin-check-assignments-for-plagiarism-grammar-and-spelling-in-oaks/ for tutorials
VoiceThread is an online digital storytelling program that allows users to upload pictures or presentations then add a voice or video recording as commentary. Because it’s online it’s also very easy to share with individuals or your course. For more information on the product check out the Voicethread website.
- Voicethread is available via the Multimedia Resources widget on your OAKS Course pages. You must access Voicethread via OAKS to take advantage of the site license.
SecureShare is a Web-based application that allows faculty and staff to securely and temporarily share files across campus and externally. You can access SecureShare off campus as long as you have internet connection.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing platform that can be used for video conferencing meetings, audio conferencing, webinars, meeting recordings, and live chat.
- Zoom is now integrated into OAKS so you can setup videoconferences within your courses to connect with students.
- Available to: All current CofC Students, Faculty and Staff
- A one-year access to AutoCAD is available by going online and creating an Autodesk account that uses your College of Charleston email address. The link to sign up can be found here.
- Available to: All current CofC Students, Faculty and Staff
- Chemdraw is available by going to the vendor’s site online. You will need to create a PerkinElmer account using your College of Charleston email address.
- Search for College of Charleston
- Click “Register” under Register to download the latest version of ChemDraw
- Fill out Registration page
A geographic information/mapping system (GIS) lets us visualize, question, analyze, and interpret data to understand relationships, patterns, and trends.
- To have GIS installed in a classroom or your office contact the IT Service Desk.
MatLab is a high-performance language for technical computing. There are functions for data analysis and visualization, numeric computation, engineering and scientific graphics, modeling, simulation, prototyping, programming and application development.
- To install MatLab on your office computer visit IT’s MATLAB page for more details.
an easy to use yet comprehensive electronic survey tool that allows for the statistical analysis of results. For more information check out http://oiep.cofc.edu/qualtrics/index.php
statistical analysis software (MAC & Windows versions)
- Available via Minitab Subscription Portal only.
- How to get it: Request Minitab
statistical analysis software focused on exploratory data analysis and visualization.
- To have JMP installed on your office computer contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com.
statistical analysis software (WINDOWS ONLY)
- To have SAS installed on your office computer contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
statistical analysis software
- To have SPSS installed on your office computer contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
software to create, modify, and annotate PDFs.
- To have Acrobat installed on your office computer contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adobe Creative Cloud
software to do a multitude of creative things. It includes Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere (video editing).
- This is available for CofC computers only.
- It will cost the department $165 ANNUALLY and will be automatically renewed unless you cancel it in advance with IT Financial.
- To purchase:
- Contact IT Financial – email@example.com or 953.3989.
- Create an IDT to IT Finance for $165/year.
- Helpdesk will install the software.
software to protect your computer from viruses as well as detect and remove existing viruses.
Google Apps for Education
Accounts include popular features like Google Docs, Calendar, Groups, Sites, and Google Talk. Google Apps for faculty and staff does not include Gmail
- For information on activating your account visit https://goo.gl/LBafSa