- hold online discussions,
- practice languages or public speaking,
- hold online debates,
- create class community,
- student introductions,
- student reflection,
- elevator pitches, and so much more.
You are just limited by your imagination! It’s a wonderful way for students to verbalize their learning and share.
If you’ve tried FlipGrid in the past then now’s the time to try it again. They have partnered with Microsoft so all the Premium features are now available for FREE!
CHECK OUT THE COOL FEATURES OF FLIPGRID
- The Recorder/Camera – allows the user to switch between horizontal and vertical while recording on a phone or tablet.
- Works on a computer, phone, or tablet.
- Can trim the beginning and/or end of a video recording. Can also append to your recording.
- Can add “Vibes” which are tags that you put on top of the video.
- Can add an attachment (external link) to your video. The teacher can use this to make a lesson in their initial prompt to give the students resources to inform their response.
- GridPals – Link with other classrooms across the country or the world. Great for cultural and language learning.
- Emoji support in Topics and Grids. This can help with blending images and text and for voting or giving a feeling about the grid.
- Replies – when a student leaves a reply, other students can now reply back, making the grid a “threaded” video discussion.
- Collaborative storytelling where Student 1 starts the story, then Student 2 adds a piece of the story via a reply, and it keeps going with all the students.