Great news! IT just announced that they have secured two fabulous Adobe products for use by CofC faculty and staff.
For Free – Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro will allow faculty to view and create PDFs. This is a critical piece of software if you are preparing for tenure and promotion. You can also use it to:
- combine multiple PDFs into one
- make your PDFs accessible
- annotate a PDF
- shrink the file size of a PDF
- digitally sign a PDF
- convert some PDFs to Microsoft Word format
This is a free license for faculty and staff for use on CofC owned computers.
How do you get it?
Easy! Just contact the Helpdesk (email@example.com or 953-3375) and indicate that you would like to have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed. Make sure to indicate the type of computer you have as well as your computer’s name. The Helpdesk folks can help you figure out this information. Just give them a call.
Adobe Creative Cloud
While not free, IT has secured an amazing price on this comprehensive software bundle. For CofC computers, your department can purchase a license of Creative Cloud for only $165/year. Creative Cloud includes Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere. Be advised that this suite is not needed for basic video or photo editing. There are easier, free versions of software that can help you meet basic needs (contact your instructional tech for help with the free versions.) Also be advised that, currently, CofC does not offer training on these applications.
How do you get it?
- Contact IT Financial by phone at (843) 953-3989 or by email at ITFinancial@cofc.edu and indicate that you would like to purchase Adobe Creative Cloud.
- IT Financial will walk you through the steps to submit an IDT in the amount of $165.00 per year per copy. Please know that this will be automatically renewed at the end of the fiscal year. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you’ll need to inform IT Financial.
- Once the IDT has been received, IT Financial will arrange for a technician to contact you for installation. Please note that classroom installations will have first priority.