I had my students turn in paper copies of a short assignment so that I can easily grade them. Can I still use OAKS to give them the feedback on their assignments?
Dr. Vince Benigni
You sure can. In our latest version of OAKS professors can now leave feedback even if a student doesn’t upload an assignment.
- Start by clicking on the assignment name as you normally would.
- Next to the Search For text box make sure that it says Hide Search Options. If it doesn’t, click Show Search Options. This should open up a greater search area.
- From the drop-down list choose Show Everyone then click the magnifying glass next to the search for text box. This will now open up a list of all students in your class even though they have not submitted an assignment.
- Next to their name you should see Evaluate. Click on Evaluate.
- Now you can grade this assignment as you normally would. If you have given the assignment a numeric grade you can type that in. You can also leave text-based feedback in the Feedback box. And lastly you can choose add a file to upload to add a comment file or the scanned paper with the feedback on it.
- When finished click Publish.
- The student will now be able to see their feedback on this assignment.