There are a number of great resources on the web that provide tutorials on using software applications to accomplish certain tasks.

One of those is Good-Tutorials. Most of the tutorials there are focused on Photoshop, Illustrator, CSS, Flash, and HTML. I find that searching sites like this one can be very useful when I’m working inside an application and I get stuck. Sometimes, though, when I’m working on creating a new graphic or design, I’ll start out on this site, or other similar sites, just perusing the tutorials to see if there is a new technique that I can learn in order to “launch” me into the design I am creating.

Speaking of tutorials, here’s a site that offers information and instruction on the art of drawing. (A little shout out to my School of the Arts people…) Duey’s Drawings

Heading in a different direction, I thought it was worth mentioning Google Scholar. Here’s how it “describes itself”…

Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research.

I used this searching tool a lot in graduate school, and it is very effective. The results are relevant and plentiful. If you’re engaging in scholarly research, and you’ve not tried it, give it a shot!