“Padlet is a virtual wall that allows people to express their thoughts on a common topic easily. It works like an online sheet of paper where people can put any content (e.g. images, videos, documents, text) anywhere on the page, together with anyone, from any device.” (Mrs. Treichler)
Platforms: Web, iOS, Android, also has plugins for Chrome and WordPress
How It Works
Uses for Faculty & Students
- Create a blank board and share it (either with specific people via their Padlet account, or via a general link.
- Double-click on the board to add a new “sticky” note.
- You can add:
- Drag the notes around to organize and sort them.
Works on a computer or almost any mobile device.
- Discussion and collaboration
- Constructing a classroom code of conduct or an assessment rubric with your students
- Backchannel where students can write questions during or before class
- Exit ticket
- Student-to-Student image sharing
- Writing prompts and collaborative writing
- Student introductions
- KWL Charts
- Flow maps
- Opinion forums
- Inspiration wall
- Website bookmarking tool
- Even more…