Dear TLT: What Happens to a Student’s Work in OAKS if She Drops and Later Re-Enrolls?

Dear TLT,

Two weeks ago, a student dropped one of my courses, and as expected, she was removed from my OAKS course–including all of her Dropbox submissions. Yesterday, I was notified that she would be re-enrolling in my course. Were her work and grades permanently deleted or will they be restored when she is re-enrolled in my OAKS course? Thanks for your help!

Professor Ross Geller

Dear Professor Geller,

This is a great question! OAKS archives all students’ work and grades, even if they drop or withdraw, so in a situation like yours, both will be fully restored.

Please contact your instructional technologist, if you have additional questions or concerns, and check out our upcoming training sessions at

Best regards,

Have a question for Dear TLT?  

Submit the following form to see it featured on our blog: And, don’t worry, we’ll change your name to a fictional professor in our response!

Professor Geller is from what 90’s television series? The first faculty member to email, with the correct answer, will receive a TLT (BPA-free) water bottle!