Good news! The College now has a Sloan Consortium (Sloan C) Institutional Membership, provided by Teaching, Learning and Technology. The Sloan C is an institutional and professional leadership organization that is committed to quality online education in higher ed. Sloan C offers a variety of conferences and workshops to help improve online programs. You can learn more about Sloan C at http://sloanconsortium.org/aboutus.
What’s available to you as a member?
- Online Workshop Discounts. Membership includes unlimited $150 discounts on online workshops. Additional workshops are added throughout the year, so please make sure to check the schedule often.
- Webinars. Webinars are free to all members (normally $99.) No coupon code is needed.
- Conference Discounts. Don’t forget to take advantage of the $50 discounts off of the registration fee for the three annual conferences. Once you are logged into the system, you will automatically see the code in a block on the left hand side of the conference registration page. Please note that each conference has a different code.
- Publications Discounts. Members receive a 10% discount on all publications.
- Website Resources. All members of CofC now have full access to website resources including the Quality Scorecard for the administration of online education programs, articles from the Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, surveys, practitioner documents, JobLine, effective practices, Listserv, catalog of online programs, and more. (You need to be logged into access the website resources.)
- Monthly Newsletters. Sloan-C sends out two monthly newsletters and additional special event e-mails if needed. The Sloan-C View newsletter is a general e-mail about what’s happening with Sloan-C. The Sloan-C Insider is a member’s only newsletter alerting members to new benefits and events. You can join the mailing list at: http://sloanconsortium.org/mailing_list .
To create an account, follow the instructions listed on the site: http://sloanconsortium.org/members_page.
Please take advantage of these resources available to you! And let us know if you have any questions!