Chances are you use it every day and if it were completely taken away, you’d have trouble doing what has become your daily routine. I’m talking about using the World Wide Web. So many of us use this resource on a daily basis. I mean, look at you. You’re using it right now! Whether we’re on a desktop, laptop, TV, smart phone, iPad, iPod or an other connected device you’re almost always able to get online.

Have you ever stepped back to think about how it all connects? You’ve probably heard terms like JavaScript, HTML5, cookies, plug-ins and open source, but what does it all mean? Well, thanks to our friends at Google, there is now a simple-to-read online book called 20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web that walks you through what keeps us connected every day. The language, I’m talking about the English language, not HTML, is easy enough for even the newest tech user. There are even some fun to watch animated images from popular illustrator Christoph Niemann that would make folks from Hogwarts jealous.

If you’re interested to find out more about this tool that has embedded it’s way into our lives, give this book a read.